Day 6

Posted , 3 users are following.

Day 6 Feeling very agitated and shakey. Just taken 6th dose so hunkering down and waiting to see what happens.  Looking forward to getting through this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Morning, I'm Just over a week in and doubling up to 10mg today - also feeling shakey, lightheaded and jittery like palpitations although not too low thankfully.

Trying to hibernate through IT for another week if poss and hope to settle soon - fingers crossed you do to!

• Posted

Thanks Sarah.  I've been through this process before so know it passes.  Sort of helps to have had previous experience.... Good luck with the 10mg.
  • Posted

Hi Ian,

I know exactly how you are feeling and it sucks !! Its amazing how we all have so very similar symptoms and our journeys to hopefully wellness are the same. I guess the only words I can say to you is, let's get through this and see our future posts as more happy ones. In the meantiime, thank God for all of you who keep me sane through this. Ian, starting week 4 today and shakiness is not so bad, but heart racing and palpitations continues. And on my mind is the fact that the Doc wants me to go to 20 mg ASAP, like now and I am so hesitant. This morning I could not get out of bed, and that is very out of character for me. Was extremely fatigued yesterday and when I lay my head down to sleep. Woke up so achy and fatigued. Had to talk to myself to get out of bed and get ready for work, it was oh so difficult. Not to mention the extreme cold weather we are having just adds on to it. I live in Montreal, Quebec. Where do you live ? So on to the day and let's see what happens today....By the way, I started writing a Mood Journal, I should have started way at the beginning on my first day of Cipralex. I want to write down my daily symptoms and see the progress as time goes by. So then at least I will remember when I sit down with the Doc in 2 weeks for another follow-up....Sending you some happy energies.........

• Posted

Hi Damom

lolI have an international pen pal !!  I live in New Mills in the Peak District, UK - south east of Manchester in the north west of England.  It's cold here too but probably nowhere as cold as over there.... We're just into the minus degrees C.   I moved here 4 1/2 months ago after living and working in London for 30+ years, which I think/know triggered this episode.  Left my job of 30+ years as a pro musician, moved house, son left home to join the police, left my "long distance" partner of 7 years 200 miles away with the plan that that continue.  That's just probably fallen through....   So back came the symptoms, especially after Christmas and hence back on the meds last week.  Pretty crap really.  My mood and symptoms lift in the afternoon. What about you? I'm surprised you're still at work.... Well done.  Regarding the increase to 20mg, I went to that from 10mg (with a short interim on 15mg I think) 18months ago.  I don't remember having any worsening side effects, although I'd been on 10mg for a while, which had kicked in properly. At that time 20mg made a big improvement.

I wrote in another post that in hindsight I don't think I should've come off this stuff last year. I thought I was good and really wanted to be off it.  Came off reasonably slowly but still had withdrawals - brain zaps etc.  I didn't think ahead to the probable stresses coming up though, which hit me like a ton of bricks. So the lesson from that is we need to manage our lives, look ahead where we can and act appropriately - which I could have done better. I'm not beating myself up about that. It felt right at the time. Just learning the lesson.

I remember that on previous episodes my initial side effects from scratch lasted probably 3-4 weeks so don't give up!!  A Mood Journal sounds good. I've never done one so maybe I'll give it a go....  I know writing this stuff down, just getting it out there, has a positive effect.

I'm going to my therapist tonight.  Do you have one? It's a release! Have you had a chance look at any Mindfullness stuff?

Stick with it.

• Posted

Hi again Damom.

I see I'm repeating myself myself from another post. Sorry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.