Day19 of a migraine headache

Posted , 8 users are following.

HELP!!! I am officially on day 19 of a migraine headache. I started Botox injections a year ago and thought by now I should be getting some relief. I was seen in the ER a week ago - CT normal and told to follow up my neurologist. I have been in bed for 3 days straight and still no relief. I feel like I'm going to lose it. My neurologist put me on a second round of prednisone...... Really??? Not sure what to do a this point. Pain meds do not touch it..... Ice packs, dark room.... Nothing! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand. Im 16 and Ive had migraines for 2 years and no medicine that my neurologist has perscribed has even touched them. My ct scans have come out normal as well I am now trying B2 and a relief because my neurologist said it may releave my migraines after 2 or 3 months. Ive only been taking them for a month and nothing has changed so far. I dont understand why they havent figured out what causes these migraines that happen every day because a lot of people suffer from this. Best of luck with the medicine your on though. 
  • Posted

Poor you. Have you tried heat packs instead of ice packs? What other medication have you been taking? Are you sure it is not a rebound headache?
  • Posted

Are u taking preventive meds also.. im on 2 right now ones for sleeping. And ones twice a day.
  • Posted

Hello..not sure if you still have the migraines but my advice is to stop the prednisone..it is not a helper. I had migraine for 6months.  Try rapimelt. .if helps then try an antidepressant.  Only way we got mine under control. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.