Dealing with Itching in Private Areas: Penis, Hips, Legs, Thighs – Seeking Advice and Solutions

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm in Dubai, and around 2 months ago, the itching started on my thighs. Then it spread to my penis, and I noticed some black dots on my penis, which feel very itchy. Afterward, it extended to my hips. Now, I'm experiencing extensive itching, especially at night. Does anyone know the reasons? Can it be cured?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hallo, it sounds like you may have several things going on but if you are in Dubai I am guessing you may sweat a lot? This can set up a fungal infection around your groin and thighs. So for a start I suggest dont wear pants made from polyester or nylon or lycra or anything tight in that area.Loose cotton is best. Dont wear any pants at night to allow air to circulate. Next, start washing the area with a shampoo containing selenium sulphide. The first time you use it leave on for several minutes then wash and dry thoroughly.

Look in your pharmacy for a cream containing Clotrimazole. Use this every day after washing . this will help to kill off any fungal spores. You can use it on your penis as well.

Try to wash your pants at a temperature higher than 60 deg. ..again this is to get rid of spores.

If any of this makes it worse then stop immediately. Once you get it under control then use a body cream like Cerave to soothe the area. Not sure if this is available in Dubai but worth a search on the internet if you can.

Is there any chance you have an STI? If you think its possible then you may like to get your penis checked at doctor or clinic...I dont know if these clinics exist in Dubai.

If none of this works then do see your doctor who should be able to help you with different medication. You may want to do this first anyway. This condition is quite common so dont worry. It can, however, take time to resolve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.