Dealing with others' pregnancies

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

This is not a medical question, but I am in need of some support. 

My cousin and I are both diagnosed with PCOS and have been trying to get pregnant for about the same amount of time. I just found out yesterday that she is three months pregnant. I want to be so happy for her, and I am faking it the best I can, but I'm not. I'm sad and I'm angry. I know she desereves a baby too, and I know she's struggled with fertility just as I am. 

How do you all deal with these situations? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm dealing with the same situation right now and I'd like to hear the best advice from anyone. Thanks anyone
  • Posted

I have PCOS it took me a year or a little more to get pregnant. I was also on birth control pills before so I had to wait a few months and then try. I never thought I'd get pregnant, but I did. Do you have any anxiety or emotional distress with your PCOS?

Other than having a hard time getting pregnant, do you have any other symptoms?

• Posted

I have always been an anxious person. 

I've already had an utrasound showing my PCOS, but besides that, since I've stopped taking birth control my skin and hair have been unhelathy, I've experienced noticable weight gain and more hair growth on my body. 

I've stopped eating dairy over the past few weeks and have noticed a serious change in my skin, and have felt much better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.