death anxiety...

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am suffering terribly with thoughts about death. I feel so confused by it all. I keep thinking how I'm nearing 30 and that If I'm lucky enough to live to my 60s I'be already had half my life.

I get so scared by death. I constantly think iM dying. I've had thoughts of death ever since I was very young. Always so confused by it all.

I know I can't stop it happening I just wish there was a way to live my life anxiety free

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

There is..... Stop thinking about it !! Easier said than done I know but..... Why waste ur life worrying ? Do charity work or get a hobby, might help,

All the best ☺️

• Posted

Yes exercises and a change in lifestyle, is what is needed, and by the way I read in the paper recently, If you are 40 now you have another 45 to go, so, I wouldn't listen to what anxiety tells you. 

It is also a fact that anxiety, is a liying, full of crap, a** hole, and the next time its giving you thoughts, laugh at them.

• Posted

I have been suffering from health anxiety for about a year and a half after a major panic attack. I t is tuff to deal with on a day to day basis but it does work sometimes to just tell it to F off. Every time I get chest pain I think I have a heart problem even though i have had multiOn my way! tests telling me I dont. But when I get chest pains in the back of my mind there is still that Voice that wants to tell me there is something wrong. You just can't live in fear or it will consume you. Good luck be strog
  • Posted

Glad to see I'm not alone everything you wrote is as if I wrote it myself. I've been afraid of the same thing ever since I was a little girl too and it's taken over my life
  • Posted

Thanks for all of your replies. I do try, purely because I hate feeling liKe it, I've taken up classes and tried running, I've tried getting angry. Sometimes it works others it doesn't I just can't always control it.

Thanks again for all of your messages. Hopefully things will improve

• Posted

I had this too! It was bad, constantly thinking about death, not enough time, etc. I was prescibed Prozac and can say that the fear is gone! I thought I would never stop worrying about it...
  • Posted

I am the same luv I scared of dying :-( I look at my mates & n omg they getting older as well, my child is 8 :-( I scared stiff of everything going, it is a awful feeling, I look at people n think what if :-( 

Does this ever go away these thoughts, I just wanna be normal again x

• Posted

This does go away! However, in my case I did need to take a low dose of Prozac to completely eradicate these thoughts smile
  • Posted

I have had this and it's awful but I learned that it is a sign of insecurity. I managed to get through it by thinking what we cannot change, we cannot be in control of. Can you try thinking about the things you can change? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.