Deathly scared of having an AAA

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know why my mind jumped back to this, but it has and I'm scared stiff. Work has me stressed out, that combined with allergies doesn't help matters. About a week or two ago I noticed minor aches in my lower back, where the pelvis meets the spine, and it's only when I'm at work. I can see my belly pulsing with my heart beat but I can't feel anything firm in my belly at all that would indicate something like AAA, and when I lift stuff I don't notice pains at all. Honestly I wish I had never looked this condition up, but I go into a chiropractor tomorrow and I'll see if I can get that part of my back xrayed. Hopefully I can find peace of mind with that.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Generally speaking, most aortic aneurysms do not have symptoms, not often anyway. Minor aches in your lower back could literally be from a thousand different sources, almost all of which are benign. I can see my heart pulse too, I could before I had an aneurysm, and after. I would be more worried if you couldn't see it. If you have no reason to think you have one, it is the last thing I would worry about. 

• Posted

That makes me feel a bit better. I've been worrying about that since there aren't any definitive symptoms for it.

• Posted

I have an AAA when it was 4cm an osteopath would not treat me in case she burst it. I spoke to the vascular surgeon and he said it was OK to have my back treated.
    • Posted

Is that the same with a thoracic aneurysm? I had a chest x-ray two months ago due to another issue and nothing came up. Could something like that form in that amount of time?
    • Posted

No, mine took 10 years to develop. Generally they are very slow growing. I doubt you have anything to worry about.

• Posted

I just had split second pain in mthe right side of my belly and tingling in my spine right after, but that was only if I sat down. The only thing I can think of is that I had a large meal before this. Could a large meal cause something like that when sitting down? Especially if my posture is bad?
    • Posted

I'm not feeling any other symptoms atm either

• Posted

Really if u r that worried go to your internist or a cardiologist and talk to them instead of worrying about something u don’t even know you have. 

• Posted

You do not get a symptom that comes and goes, and while my aneurysm has not burst, you would know it if it did. There is no mistaking it. I would honestly suggest help for anxiety if medical tests have ruled out other issues, otherwise, see a doctor and get an evaluation.
    • Posted

I'm sorry for seeming like a broken record with this but I'm at my wit's end right now. Every day my mind switches between fear of heart disease, stroke and this.

• Posted

Where is yours located? How strong is the pulse and can you feel a mass? I can feel a pulse near my belly button on the left side but no mass or stomach firmness, though when I press down along the area where my aorta is I get a slight ache in my back.
  • Posted

No need to be sorry. I have anxiety issues as well, so I know the cycles you are going through. But nothing you are saying suggests AAA.
    • Posted

I'm feeling bloated, might be IBS and I can feel a pulsing sensation just below my sternum. When I feel it with my hands I cant feel it but when I lay down I feel it clear as day. Can't go to the doctor because I don't have the money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.