Depression coming back

Posted , 4 users are following.

help me please! Been on sertraline for 7 weeks and last night I got the tingling in my arms the shakes and anxiety ( this is what happens before an episode of depression usually) then I couldn't sleep all night,managed an hour early hours the morning and woke up very anxious and a little low! Anyone experienced a relapse so soon? I am so scared x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long did the doctor say until full and stable effect? I would call ASAP. I'm not sure about relapse and timing, as I'm not familiar with that med. I was told 3 months for fill stabilization on my med.

Hang in there. It can take time, trial and error to get meds right!

Please keep posted!

• Posted

He said upto 6 weeks to start to work but didn't say when I would feel the full effects, thanks you for commenting I will b ringing my gp in the morning when they open, terrified i wil slip back into that deep dark hole again xx
  • Posted

Hey hun. I was on setraline for 7 months . After a month I noticed my anxiety became worse and asked for the dose to be increased . What dose are you on at the moment ?

When you speak to the doctor , it's possible that they may just increase the dose . It's awful feeling so anxious and I know it's terrifying to think you are going down that road again but I assure you it will get better. Just try and hang on today until you speak to your gp and don't make any important decisions whilst you are feeling like this.

They say in cognitive behavioural therapy that what you think is what you feel. In the mean time have a look at cbt online to help you learn about challenging the way you think. It really made me realise that I was creating the negative thoughts and i have learnt to have some control on my emotions .

You can do it and you have all our support here if you ever need to talk. X

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply and support it means a lot, no one i no have had depression so they support me but don't understand, I am on 100mg atm I start CBT on Tuesday its a group session I am looking forward to going to meet people just like me, although I am worried and nervous about being judged, today I need to go food shopping and visit my husbands grandma so least I am kept busy, the kids are off on half term this week so I have 4 to see to so that's freaking me out too, can't drive either so it's not like I can take them far to get them out the house cx
    • Posted

Just take things minute by minute. It's good to keep busy if you're able.

This forum is a really good outlet.

Please take care!

• Posted

I am on Zoloft myself and Trazodone and Lamotrigine and Lorazepam and it has helped me with my sleep and moods and it has lessen my anxieties 

You should ask your doctor for an anxiety medication to go with the sertraline to help relive your anxieties 

It does take time to work so just keep taking it and try working some of it out yourself with coping skills 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.