Derealization Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey!

I'm 22 years old and have been suffering from episode of derealization or depersonaliton for a few months now. Sadly I've lost my career to this awful thing as I just couldn't cope. I can have a great few days or week and the next thing it just comes on completely out of the blue and I find it quite hard to deal with. I feel like my mind is here and my body is far away in a daze - hard to explain!  Was prescribed 20 mg of citoloptam beginning of October, only took and I had a very extreme reaction to it... I also get a lot of random anxiety out of the blue too. 

It would be so lovely to hear from others about this horrible trance thing! Please help x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Just to add, I keep getting random memories that hold no significance crop up and I feel so familiar with everything like I've had a conversation with people and I feel like I've been in the exact same place, said the same words and I feel like I know exactly what is gonna happen or be said next. I only started getting this after having the reaction to citoloptam!  
  • Posted

Hi leopard I totally know what ya saying I have been having the same and it's only been being put on mirtazapine that it is slowly going .. Maybe ask your doc for them the start up side effects aren't very nice but do ware off in a couple of weeks also I've been having cbt that's ment to help too .. Also give yourself time to heal these things aren't easy hope this helps
    • Posted

I had a bad reaction to topirimate for 3 months  and a very bad withdrawal which I took this year for migraines and then the reaction to citolopram after just taking one tablet! So I I won't take anything My GP and local services have been totally useless and no help at all. Got told to play computer games to help me calm!!
    • Posted

I can see why u wouldn't want too then. I'm having cbt and it seems to help a bit is there a councling service u could b referred too. U sound like my partner he is always playing games lol 
    • Posted

They will only offer cbt n therapies if you are at a risk where you've got a history of harming etc, there zero support unfortunately.  Yeah that was a random thing her to come out with as I never ever play games!!! 
    • Posted

That's really awful I have never been suicidal or at risk of harming myself yet they offered me stage 3 cbt as the anxiousness was so bad . Where r u from ?? Computer games drive me crazy lol I'm always waiting for him to finish something before we can go out lol I sometimes wish I could smash his xbox up but don't think he would appreciate that lol 
  • Posted

Awful feeling. I know it too well. Had it in 2009 and now again. Its caused by high level of stress or anxiety, I know its hard to take in! I didn't even think I was anxious but clearly my brain is! Its been 24/7 for 2months but I'm now on fluoxetine and its eased still there but reality is more clear. Try and ride it don't fight it and please see a doctor x
  • Posted

Try sertraline at 25mg for 2weeks then 50,mg if needed. 50mg is the lowest dose but u need weaning in. It working great for me for 5yrs but if I went straight in at 50,mg I would get too bad side effects. Just my experience and knowing others on it x 
    • Posted

Hi Rachel. I just read your post about sertraline. I can't believe it. I've got crippling anxiety since my doctor switched me cold turkey straight from 40mgs citalopram (8years on it) to 50mgs sertraline then 100 sertraline after two weeks. This is week six. I've had a few moments of feeling normal but mostly extreme anxiety. Don't know whether to go back to citalopram or stick to Sertraline as I've heard it can take six to eight weeks to work. I don't think some doctors know what they're doing. It's scary and lonely and all you want is certainty and reassurance. Glad I read your post though. It made sense of why I've had such a bad reaction. X
    • Posted

2009 I did 25mg then 50mg Dr didn't say but I saw it best. Now I'm suffering again I tried them again staight at 50mg and omg I was in a&e sweating panicing , couldn't sit still. I didnt take it again! Too scared x 
  • Posted

I oy starting getting severe anxiety since last year as I left my full time job if had for 4 years which threw me through loop when I eventually left, I have been through about 5 jobs this year due to anxiety! It's really been a crap year for me tbh because of it! So I understand what your going through it does ruin your life, you have to keRn to live with it half the time, but I'll be absolutely fine in great moods etc but them bam it'll hit me and I feel like I don't want or can't do anything! It's horrible. 
    • Posted

I just want my meds to work. Four weeks now and still sleepy, headaches, some weird thought which a care me. Nothing I'd ever do but they float by. Hope it passes good I'm trying to stick it out 6weeks to see. Sorry about your jobs sad no way could I work I can't even stop alone in my home coz I'm so scared and on edge over nothing but wanting to b myself x
    • Posted

Hmm maybe go back to your doctor to get another type of medication, it's annoying coz most meds make you drowsy which just makes you wanna curl up, which isn't helpful, yeah give it six weeks and see and they say some take a while to get used to, yeah it's hard to work when suffering with it as it's an extra worry :s what do you find triggers your anxiety? Try and confide in someone close as that sometimes helps to just get it off your chest, yeah separating yourself is what I do but not always helpful, I hope it passes soon :s
    • Posted

It's pregnancy and birth trauma. While I'm pregnant I need to keep on these as it is better then before and I need to b OK ish for the baby which is due in 3weeks. So hoping I'll b OK soon. I think anxiety alone makes us sleepy too
    • Posted

It's so awful. I had a very supportive boss and HR were really good too. My boss literally ring or text me everyday to see how I am and that smile

Same here! One moment I'm on top the world, the next full of random anxiety and don't feel like im an actual person! X

• Posted

Leopard,

I'm down to 25mg sertraline, get depersonalization when I arrive at work but goes away when busy.   It would be nice to be able to stop and relax sometime.

Some said meds like sert make them sleepy.   It seems more energizing for me, helps with some anxiety symptoms but makes me more fidgety, anxious.

Support is great but advice is hard, you have to try different things, what works for me (keeping active, a little sert) may not for you.

If you can't do CBT you could read about it,  convince yourself it's not as bad as you fear (what's the worse that can happen?  You know you're not going crazy, you may feel like it but anxiety is not craziness and does not lead to it.)    Best wishes, I know it's uncomfortable, I just go do something, hope you find what works for you. 

Patrick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.