Desperate for relief! Eustachian tube dysfunction made worse with Sjogren's syndrome.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I caught a cold and it went into my sinuses. From there fluid accumulated in my eustachian tubes. Because my Sjogren's has destroyed my moisture glands the mucus has turned thick like paste. There is no fluid behind the eardrum. Started Pilocarpine but not having the needed help to thin out this goo. 2 ENT Dr.'s said everything looks fine otherwise. I've tried everything from sprays to inhaling menthol crystals. Nothing is making a dent in this. Waiting for results of a cat scan of my sinuses. I fear surgery will make things worse. Right now there is no pain or ringing in my ear, just this horrible, unbearable, blocked feeling. I truly believe this will kill me because no Dr. has any real answers for this problem. I have had this blocked sensation for 3 months now 24\7. I am mentally going downhill because I see no hope for relief. Can't function due to worry and stress from this problem. Has anyone else had this kind of problem and what did you do? Any comments would be a blessing to me since I don't think I'll be around much longer when there is no help for this. I'm so miserable and have never felt more hopeless in my life. A grateful thank you to all who respond.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.