Desquamative vaginitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

After suffering for 7 months with a mystery vaginal yeast infection, i finally got to see a gynae who thinks i might have desquamative vaginitis.

I was treated with 7 days of clindamycin cream, which helped. However, its come straight back. The dr said that its very hard to treat and the very few people she has seen with it still have it.

I'm so upset and worried and can't stand the thought of living like this for the rest of my life.

Has anyone else had this? Thank you x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

sorry, its not a mystery yeast infection!

• Edited

YES! I have had this for three years. Tons of tests, all negative. Nobody knows what it is. Although I was finally diagnosed a couple weeks ago with desquamative inflammatory vaginitis too. I have a microscope where I do my own wet preps at home. Yes, I'm that desperate. Did anything happen around the time that your symptoms first began? New partner, stress, etc.? Mine happened one week after an extremely stressful event. Symptoms were/are: white pasty discharge that feels like it's burning my vulva, swelling, redness, irritation, burning with urination. It also felt like cuts with lemon and stabbing (either inside vagina or urethra, or both). But that has gone away. Please tell us your symptoms and what you think may have caused it. Thank you!

• Edited

I've been also diagnosed with desquamative vaginitis, also clindamycin. I'm taking the antibiotic once a week for two months, I don't know your doctors directions but apparently it should help "killing" it.

Any more cases with wrinkled/shriveled vulvar skin caused by DIV?

Please update if anyone has new info, I'll do same.

• Edited

Hi Daisy i feel tour pain many years ago i was where you are today i went to so many doctors, tried so many courses of medication,- -and even different diets i finally got dx with DIV (autoimmune) Because its autoimmune, it doesnt really ever get cured- just managed after doing two MONTHS if antibiotic creams i went on a once a week dose most of the time, this keeps it at bay sometimes it flares and i have to then do a week or so of treatment i am lucky to have a great husband , but i so understand how depressing this is our sex life is mostly oral

• Posted

hi,

I've recently been diagnosed with aerobic vaginitis/DIV and was wondering how people manage the condition? With antibiotics or steroids and if so which ones?

i was prescribed a very strong steroid to use internally but it just makes me even sorer.

i get this white pasty discharge at varying degrees most of the time, and any interference down there just causes more discharge and pain. My sex life feels like its over 

TIA

• Posted

Hi. I had problems with candida fungi for a year and a half. I took antifungal drugs, helped, but temporarily, lasted for a month. I took Diflucan. Later, my doctor explained to me that I need to change my lifestyle, strengthen the immune system. For example, I changed my diet. Excluded sweets and flour completely. I started to regularly consume sour-milk products, 3 times a day, added training in the gym, to combat stress. Stress, by the way, also plays a role, it affects the immune system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.