Diagnose me.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I made a discussion a couple of months back talking about my marijuana induced derealization/anxiety/panic attacks/depression and how i talked about feeling better...

i jinxed myself i think.

It's a complicated matter where I'm crossed between feeling foggy in the mind and being so aware of everything that it feels fake. like a hallucination. Like everything i'm seeing through my eyes is just not what it seems. 

Do you know when you repeat a word over and over again it loses meaning? Apply that to physical objects. It becomes intense to the point where i become physically numb as if i was in a high,

And I feel very dull and unhappy within myself, and there's a constant feeling at the pit of my stomach that makes me feel like something bad is going to happen. I feel depressed, basically. And sometimes I catch myself and think "Gosh, this is really happening to me." 

Nothing seems to have value or importance anymore. Going to college, having a job--all the fundamentals of life that a teen would most likely be ecstatic to do. 

I have suicidal thoughts--but no i'm not going to do it. I don't self harm and i dont have plans to do anything reckless. Because frankly, one, i'm too scared to, and two, i know there is most likely a solution to what im going through and know i can get through this. I take care of myself, I eat, I exercise, and I take my vitamins. I'm fine. 

They're just very negative thoughts that i catch myself having such as "What's the point in living.", "I just want to die already.", or "Everything is so fake."

What sends me into a panic about this is that i'm scared im going to reach a point so low there's no coming back from it, whatever it is i'm going through. 

What do you guys think it is, and what is the best way to get out of it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Bryanna. 

None of us here are medical professionals, and so we can't diagnose you in any official way. But I can offer advice. It sounds like you have a basic understanding of what you're going through: the depression, the depersonalization, the intrusive thinking. And you also seem to know that these things are treatable. The question is, how are you treating them? Have you spoken to your GP? Seen a therapist? Taken any medications or holistic remedies? You say that you're exercising and taking care of your body -- well, that's awesome. Keep it up. But now you also have to take care of your mind. 

So please, take the time to see a professional and just talk things over. Help is out there. You're not broken...you're just going through a rough patch. You can come out of this, I promise. smile 

Best wishes.

• Posted

We are just people all in the same boat but using different oars. Noone knows you to diagnose you or has the credentials to do so. So opinions and advice is all you can get on here,

**Go see your gp, get an exam ..be honest with the gp...and get a therapist. You triggered anxiety its not uncommon now you have to manage it. You had a bad  trip and it triggered this and once you get it the damn mind rememebers it because we are animals set up to survive. Its a survivor mode thing. Fight or flight. Now you have to be brave and know theres many helpful options out there to deal with all this and 25 percent of the globe has anxiety or an anxiety related disorders and you are not even close to being the only one. There are options out there so dont believe there aren't. This is just your entry into it. It sucks, but it is what it is and now you have to do what you need to do to learn about it, therapy, meds if needed and keep forging forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.