Diagnosed with hemochromatosis turns out i dont have it

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was diagnosed years ago back in 2012 and treated ever since then.

Problem is we got access to our online records our ferritin levels have never gone above 150 .

Haven't had a blood draw since last march and and a blood draw six months later showed my iron levels at 64.

Just had another one this week and it was 140 totally in the middle of the normal range.

How we found this out was ironically due to covid.

Blood draws got put on hold for year and when i finally got in for one my iron levels had changed not at all.

Then we started looking and found out it's the records have shown this over the last five years .

How two separate hematologist managed to miss this or chose to ignore it is mindbogglingly.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you had been diagnosed with this they should of been checking for faulty gene.

Was this done?

The normal range is made up it is the same as RDA (recommended daily allowance)

I myself have haemochromatosis I have faulty gene also at one stage I had a ferrtin level of over 1000.

I was for years needing to go for venesections most every 3-6 months after I had gotten it down to under 50 but once I did a big switch which was to go Carnivore diet I then didn't need any treatment for over 3 years this is how long it took for it to raise my ferritin to around 100 based of this you could claim I dont have the condition.

Blood draw for people who do not have this condition is a good thing anyway I recommend this to everyone every few years.

• Posted

Im interested in how a carnivore diet would help - any details much appreciated ⭐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.