Did anyone have breathing problems !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all , i have another question .... Did any of you have breathing problems with your D defiency if so please explain ?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It has been shown that improving vit D levels can have a very beneficial effect on asthma - "breathing problems" is very vague - what do you mean?

• Posted

Yes I have asthma and definitely when supplementing with vitamin D in diet can help to slow the symptoms of asthma. Living a life with asthma and make yourself feel better and get breathed easily without any hindrance.

• Edited

I had trouble breathing about 4-5 years ago. felt like I couldn't take a deep enough breath and was often struggling to try to take a deep breath. it didn't really get worse with excercise and I passed the spirometer with flying colours. This sensation went on for a couple of years and then got a bit better. The docs didn't care too much and decided it was anxiety/depression (neither of which I suffer from).

I have recently found out I'm vit D deficient (32nmol/L) and have started on 8000iu a day. so maybe my breathing issues all those years ago were Vit D related. I think so.

• Posted

Breathing issues have nothing to do with vitamin deficiency. They stem from relaxation issues and mental symptoms. They could be medical issues such as asthma, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.