Did anyone hurt this bad after a knee arthroscopy?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. I had my knee scope done last tuesday. its almost been a week and im still in alot of pain and can barely put any weight on it. Is this normal? im tired of ppl telling me to get up and move around when i am hurting this bad or orthers are saying i shouldnt be hurting a week after. im seriously in alot of pain that my pain meds are barely helping.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brandi, sorry to hear you're suffering with the pain. It's your pain and it's real and it can't be compared to anyone else's. I'd suggest you discuss your painkillers with your gp, sometimes a little stronger painkiller or a tweak to your existing prescription can be good short term. Be sure to do the physio you've been set because this is what will ultimately help the pain.

I wish you well.

• Posted

All depends on what else was done. I had a meniscus repair and was not weight bearing for at least 3 weeks. It was 4 weeks of using crutches. I was in bad pain for at least 2 weeks. I called the clinical dept of my doc's office A LOT just to make sure it was all normal.

• Posted

hi my misses has had a eau arthroscopy pmm and a chondroplasty over 10 weeks ago , still in agony , limps she was told to weight bare , no crutches and with this covid outbreak no contact with surgeon after sendin 3 emails phsio phoned to see hows things are , told them not good , we have looked on several websites and they all say should have used crutches thanks , any one else whose got advice let us know cheers

• Posted

Had my surgery 4 days ago and it hurts like hell. I cant walk either so I dont know if its normal or not. Hope someone answers you.

• Edited

Hi Brandi, I had a knee arthroscopy back in mid March. I did find the first couple of weeks quite painful in comparison to the partial knee replacement I had on the other knee a couple of years ago. I was given paracetamol and ibuprofen after the anthroscopy and told I probably only needed to take them for a few days, in fact, they only gave me 4 days worth. It certainly was more painful that I expected but not so bad that the meds didn't help. I couldn't fully weight bear until about 2 weeks after and that was with a lot of care and making sure I'd didn't squat or rotate on that leg. It was still so stiff I couldn't anyway. I'd had a meniscus tear repaired and the knee cap cleaned up and the physio told me that I'd only need crutches for a few days but in my case that wasn't so. Everyone is different. I'm 65 so maybe it takes longer for older people to recover. I'd certainly get in touch with your surgeon and tell them what you're feeling. I don't think you should be feeling such a pain that meds don't help. I doubt this helps much but if I were you'd I'd get in touch with your surgeon as fast as possible and get his/her opinion.

• Edited

Suck it up cuz it hurts like hell for at least 3 weeks. This was my second time getting this done on the other knee (7/2/20) & today i'm still hurting pretty bad most of the pain is in my calf, knee has very little. my calf is all black & blue. im 65 yrs young so that might weigh in the recovery time. doc yesterday said it could take a month or two & did a Ultra sound to check for blood clots, there were none. !

ice pack really helps lots.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.