Did I have a stroke/TIA

Posted , 1 user is following.

a couple of weeks ago whilst driving to work,I felt as if someone had smacked round the back of the melon with a lump of 3x2. I felt very confused,didn't really know where I was or where I was going to be honest. So I went home and phoned in sick. Feelings went away after a short while. However later that week I was sitting at my P.C. AND having a smoke when I realised that I had dropped my ciggy on the floor,I hadn't felt it drop from between my fingers,this happened a total of five times in quick succesion. Drop it,pick it up.drop it again. I had a pain in my left forearm at the same time. My face also felt tingly. Starting to worry,I went downstairs and hailed my good lady who put me through the Fast routine. Face hadn't dropped,I could hold my arms above my head and my speech wasn't slurred,so I left it at that. More worryingly was a few days later when I was at work. (I'm an HGV Driver) I started making mistakes that I would'nt normally make such as going through a gateway and taking a fence post with me,and I kept striking the nearside kerb,but even worse later on I went through a red traffic light. I had stopped at the red light had a look around whilst waiting looked back up and thought the lights had gone green,I was mortified when halway over the junction I realised the lights were still red. That could have ended so much more nastily than it did. I will probably get a fine and points for that and as my employer will know about it I'll possibly lose my job too. I cant help thinking of that incident in Glasgow a while back where an HGV Driver had an episode and ended up killing six people. My question is could all of this have been caused by the effects of a Stroke/TIA. i am finding it impossible to get to see or speak to my G.P. currently.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.