Did I worsen or cause my scoliosis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I have a suspicion that scoliosis is my fault. I had underweight with 55 kilograms from 16 to 19 years due to mental health problems as a male with 1.82 meters of height. Then at late 19 years they found I had a 20° S-curve scoliosis. (At 20 years my weight was normal again.)

Was the scoliosis caused or worsened by my underweight? Did my underweight have any bad effect on the scoliosis? Did I worsen or cause my scoliosis? Is it my fault then? Was it caused or worsened by underweight + poor posture?

Or did my underweight not cause or worsen my scoliosis, not even any little bit? Is it not my fault?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.