Didn't test for STDs after a potential exposure!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello guys/girls 

I hope I am posting in the right forum. I had unprotected anal sex on 23/01/2014 and I was the receptive guy(am a BI male) from an anonymous encounter. I only tested for HIV after 3 months and it came back negative and Didn't test for other STDs (I regret not doing it). But at the same time I did not show anysymptoms for gonorrhoea and chlamydia or syphillis (syphilis). I am going in to test next week. My question is that is too late to cure the infection IF I test positive for them. I am not sexually active and that was my last encounter believe it or not. I am going to marry in 2 months and I want to make sure my past fun times don't affect my married life. Please respond asap. 

regards

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As you have no symptoms it is highly unlikley that you ahve an STI and even if you had I believe that they are still treatable.

Wise to have another test and you can always ask the doctor.

Bisexuals have much more fun but do take care in future

• Posted

Always best to have a sexual health MOT before settling down and having any unprotected sex with a long term partner. 

I would say its extremely responsible of you and lots of other should take heed.

• Posted

Hi, It is Not too late ( IF there is an infection).  Definitely be tested to ease your concerns so you can move forward without worry. Good Luck. 

• Posted

PS I would also be tested for hiv once more as well, just to be certain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.