Diet and CKD

Posted , 4 users are following.

My name is Dave and I'm new to this forum.  My GFR decreased from 68 to 42 in 9 months. I'm worried that if it continues to drop at this rate, I'll be on dialysis within a year.  Is there a diet someone is aware of or is currently on that they believe has raised or at least stabilized their GFR?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry. My sister's dropped to 15 in February, she was on antibiotics, came back up in April to 43, now it is 47.  It flucuates.  You are no where near dialysis.  What is your creatinine?   

• Posted

I appreciate the encouragement. I believe the creatinine level was 183.
  • Posted

Ask for an appointment with a renal dietian from your GP who can write to your local hospital. they have great advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.