Discoid lupus diagnosis and my skin is horrible and nothings helping!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have a little spot show up on my forehead a little over a yr ago and it looked just like a zit so I didn't think anything of it for a month. then it started to get bigger and worse and not zit looking. they took a skin biopsy and said it was discoid lupus. they put me on many creams and I got injections but it seemed I slowly kept getting new spots. now that it's been just over a yrs my whole face is cover in scale type skin that always hurts and always itches. I tried Plaquenil just a half pill because my body doesn't handle alot of things well. It seems to help my skin get smother and less red but it all cause head pressure everyday that was horrible and I couldn't think on it I felt like I was losing my mind. At this point I don't know what to do and would love some suggestions.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.