distressing hair loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with frontal fibrosing alopecia  does anyone else suffer from this condition and can you offer any advice.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear isabelle33676 

you are not alone so what ever you do don't stress.  There are a lot of solutions out there

• Posted

Hello, this is my personal experience  when I started losing my hair I was devastated.  But to my surprise I had lot of support from most people around me and didn't make me feel any different.  I got myself a wig then I saw a TVs show about inter grated system, and went for it.  This was a big mistake.  They place a net over your head, pull your hair through the net and then stitch laces of human hair around it  very painful experience and the cost around £3000 per year.  They used substandard hair which got tangled fast.  My scalp was only washed properly once every six months.  Suffice to say that I got rid of it and now wear wigs and I have some great ones.  I buy mine from Trendco.  I hope this helps
    • Posted

Yes. Thanks for sharing your experience. I did buy a very nice wig but don't wear it very often. I hate even wearing a hat. Guess I will need to become used to both.
  • Posted

You said in another conversation that you take warfarin. That can lead to hair loss as can other medications.
  • Posted

You are not only the single person who is suffering from this problem. There are so many people who are suffering from this problem. You can take care of this by taking a healthy diet. You should exercise daily and get yourself ready for the treatment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.