Ditching the Marina Coil, for the injection ?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went on the coil 5 years ago and it's due to come out. Can't face having another one fitted. So is the injection a wise choice ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello smile My friend had an injection and one of the side effects is definitelly weight gain and mood swings. The worst part of it - if you cannot deal with these side effects or any other ones you cannot do anything about it, you cannot take the injection out of your body.. If you did not like the coil, I would suggest the implant - if your body accepts it, I believe its the best option ever as you dont need to worry about anything for theee years and you can take it out whenever you wish. (Although I had the implant myself and took it out as my body was rejecting it big time, I would still recommend it to a friend, haha).

Hope it helps smile

• Posted

Yeah once it's in your stuck for three months, not great. As for the implant cringe !!! I can nearly handle and blood test lol 😀
  • Posted

HI ALLY TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR I WAS TOLD THE MARINA WILL STILL WORK AFTER 5 YEARS AND TO KEEP IT IN. YOU MAY NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE.DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT TALK TO YOUR NURSE OR DOCTOR JULES. PS I HAD THE COPPER COIL FIRST THEN HAD THE MARINA AFTER ITS AWFALL HAVING IT FITTED AND I DONT BLAME YOU NOT HAVING ANOTHER.
    • Posted

I just want it out, but need the hormone control side of it. So if the injection will do the same job, no more coil ! 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.