Diverticulitis??

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello All,

i am new here and had a question on this disease.

little background:

i have been in and out of my GI Drs office for about 8 months now with generic upper left side pain. had a colonoscopy in december that came back normal and to be honest i have felt great since. i truly think my body just needed a cleanse which i got from the prep.

Anyway, two days ago i woke up with pain on my lower left side. i tried stretching it out all day, kinda felt like gas cod be the problem but never really felt better. the next day i woke up with severe left side pain, couldnt walk straight even. i went back to my GI as i was worried about Diverticulitis. the GI said its highly unlikely as my colonoscopy from 3 months ago specifically called out "no diverticulosis".

symptoms:

• severe left side pain, relief from pain if I'm not moving or stretching my ab muscle
  • pain is belly button high and half way between my belly button and side
  • i don't have a fever, vomiting, etc.
  • i have had kidney stones and know its not that
  • i do workout alot but did not do abs or feel any injury, i woke up with this pain
  • do still get indigestion frequently, but pretty mild since colonoscopy
  • no bulge indicating hernia

the GI physical exam says she thinks muscular injury. I just dont know, to have this much pain with no remembrance of any specific time i felt something get injured seems weird.

do you get relief from diverticulitis at rest?

thoughts?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.