Diverticulitis Recovery- Weak, nauseous still 6 weeks post attack

Posted , 2 users are following.

After several serious attacks of diverticulitis including a 4 night stay in hospital with Sepsis... I had 8 inches of my Colon removed.

I thought this had cured , me and for 23 months post surgery I felt better than I had for the previous 4 years.

Then came an attack of diverticulitis, which has been a real disappointment following what i thought was a successful operation.

The attack followed a weekend away on a Stag weekend prior to my daughters wedding. Much more beer than i would normally drink!

This attack was 8 weeks ago and required 2 lots of antibiotics to clear. However I am still feeling nauseous and fatigued. How long does the nausea and fatigue last?

Anybody with a similar story to mine?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

commenting to bump this up and hopefully get a reply for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.