Dizziness after 2 weeks of Stapedectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had left ear stapedectomy on 21 December, I can feel improvement in my hearing however, I still feel dizzy while walking. Any such experiences.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I as well had my stapedectomy back in 8 December . Dizziness is quite expected and is normal . I as well was dizzy especially the first week and it started to improve gradually. I am having a pulsation sound till now since the operation yet was assured by the doctor that I will go away. Wish you all the best and remember to avoid getting any water in your ear .

• Posted

Thanks Tari for acknowledging. I didnt notice see any improvement in dizziness since last 3-4 days, hope it gets fine soon.

And all the very best to you too.

• Posted

Hello. I had my Stapedectomy on Dec 28. I also experienced several days of dizziness at varying degrees. It eventually faded until a couple days ago when I went back to the surgeon for a check. He cleaned out the blood clot. Now the vertigo is back and I can't do much except sit around.

My hearing is greatly improved and I am happy to have had the surgery, but I am worried about the vertigo since most people are not bothered by it after the first week.

ashish50200, are you doing better?

• Posted

Hi Scrubjay, Hope you get better soon. Its been more than 3 weeks since my surgery and I still feel dizzy while walking and making head movement, although there is improvement in hearing but I am still concerned about this dizziness. I also started feeling mild pain near my ear while making jaw movemnts like eating, yawing. How are you feeling now?

• Posted

Hello! I know this is an older post but im hoping you still check it. I am 3 weeks post op and still experiencing dizziness when walking and making certain head movements. Did yours improve? Thanks!

• Posted

I had stapedectomy and 4 weeks post - op I still have that crackling sound and dizziness and unstable on my feet.

I can't stand or walk for long periods as I get dizzy.

Hope your condition has improved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.