Dizzy and potential seizure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, this morning I woke up after about 10 hours of sleep and was still extremely tired to the point that I felt weak. Admittedly, I had barely eaten the day before, but this is not uncommon. After about 30 minutes I got out of bed, but as I proceeded to the sink I felt overwhelmingly dizzy. By eyes blurred and went dark, and I placed by hands against the wall to steady myself. It was then that my body began to jerk and convulse for about 30 seconds. I was still completely concious, but couldn't stop the movements (and was still suffering from the dizziness). When this subsided my hands continued to shake and my heart raced for around 5 minutes. I now feel fine, so I'm not sure whether I should worry or not?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well,if that had happened to me I would be calling my GP and going in. See Them. dizziness is one thing, but convulsions even more important. listen to your  body, it  is telling you there's somethng wrong. So,please go and see your doctor asap okay, and tell him or her in the exact same words you have  written here what happened. Keep,us updated on the outcome too please?!
  • Posted

I was so worried to take stemetil tablets as I have had a bad reaction to that type of drug before, are u taking semetil for dizziness
  • Posted

I refused to take them from my doctor, and now a feel he doesn't care , thinks am fine to go back to work, it's fine for him to say that
  • Posted

If this is the first time that you are having such an episode, then you should see a GP.  However, it may not be serious.  It sounds like your blood pressure dropped for some reason.  A blood deprived of oxygen can sometimes lead to convulsions, for example in syncope.  This is not a seizure, as you would not be conscious in an episode that you are describing that lasts for 30 seconds.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.