dla

Posted , 3 users are following.

well I made a fresh claim for dla for my daughter 3 weeks ago after failing the rights to appeal to the upper tribunal but I still haven't heard anything about new claim surely I would of received a letter by now just to say they have received it and now dealing with the claim??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm a bit confused. Did you take your last DLA application to the Tribunal and you lost? Then you have now completed another DLA claim? 

If I was the Decision Maker I would be asking myself what has changed since the last form was completed.

If there has been no or little change why should the original decision change?

I don't know what the time frame is to send in a new claim - I would imagine it is when there has been a change of circumstances.

This was one of the reasons why ESA changed - you cannot make a new claim shortly after a failed claim UNLESS there has been a deterioration of the previous difficulties or a new diagnosis is given for a new illness.  

• Posted

les5996 - In a previous thread you told davinia79 to "Put another claim in now!" which is what she did.

davinia79 - I know with PIP there is an option to get text updates.  Is this the same with DLA and did you choose this option?  With PIP I believe they do text as soon as they receive the application.  I can't remember the process with DLA.  Did they acknowledge your previous claim quickly?  I think it's worth phoning them just to check.  It's likely that it's just in the system and working it's way through normally but if it hasn't reached them, or it's gone missing somewhere along the way, you need to know as soon as possible.

• Posted

hi scally and thanks to your response yes your right les did tell me to put in a fresh claim now after failing appeal which I did 3 weeks ago and sent it first class with 2 stamps just to ensure they got it. but still no response however I didn't have the option on dla form to receive text on arrival on my claim so not sure unless it is different to making a pip claim but now I'm getting anxious as I'm now questioning should I have just sent the form to appeal to upper tribunal with the chance of winning and getting backdated payment or make a new claim and get nothing!! first time I made claim was quick and dealt with appropriately.

• Posted

Hi Davinis79

DLA can be a bit of a slog

Firstly your SECOND. Claim may be dissallowed depending in how long it was between this and

• Posted

Hi Davinis79

DLA can be a bit of a slog

Firstly your SECOND. Claim may be dissallowed depending in how long it was between this and

• Posted

The first (sorry for spilt messages this site is very twitchy)

Did you follow the appeals process ....then TRIBUNAL if you did not get a satisfactory outcone??

I hope you get it sorted though but just thought ide throw my opinion in through past experience

• Posted

well made fresh claim for dla for my daughter including sending in medical evidence from medical evidence and what her mental illness entails only to still be refused dla.what made me laugh was they stated to qualify my daughter would need substantial help with bodily functions and also need consistent watch during the night if she was a substantial danger to herself or others. however I stated both these facts on application form before decision with evidence clearly my application was overlooked 1.she needs waking during night to use toilet otherwise she does one or both on her floor.2 she is observed several times during night due to being a self harmer and younger child being on child protection against her due to threats to kill her and serve time for her what more proof do they need? I have made a mandatory reconsideration but not looking promising what more evidence can I provide and what else can I do I am at the end of my tether!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.