Do I have HIV, PLEASE help ? is rapid test reliable ? *Tongue picture attached*

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dears,

I've had sex with a sex worker (female) 2 months ago

Sex was protected (vaginal) however I wasn't always erected through the intercourse so I'm not really sure if condom is really effective in this case or not

After 4 days I felt that the tip of my tongue is burning and 2 days after that I found my tongue has red spots on it and covered with white coat

I was totally freaked out and paranoid and later on I felt all of the symptomps of HIV except for fever and skin rash

On the 17th day after the exposure I had an HIV rapid test and got the result after 20 minutes and it was negative

Doctor said that what I had on my tongue *might be* a chlamydia but he didn't do any tests to say that, he just said this by just looking at my tongue

He gave me a dose of azithromycin and after couple of days nothing changed

After that I got another dose but again nothing happened

on day 24 after the exposure I did a PCR test which came negative as well

and last thing is that after 6 weeks I went to another clinics they did all STD tests and they all came negative (including HIV rapid test, Syphilis, Gnorehha , Chlamydia)

And now after 2 months the tongue symptomps didn't go away but I started to feel that my left lymph node and my throat are really burning every once and a while and my tongue is now what they call it scalloped tongue (wavy edges)

So I told myself if this might not be STD then I might go to a general practitioner

And I did and she asked for a blood test and a stomach test

And the blood test showed that I have signs of infection, she told me that the numbers are a little bit elevated and not high

*This were'nt an HIV test it was a general blood test*

So I told her what might be this infection about she told me she doesn't know but we will have to wait for the stomach test

Please Please Please I started to go crazy again ! Please I need your opinion

Could this be an HIV ?

Is it possible that all of these tests might not be very accurate and my body took a little longer to show infection ?

What might be the infection that I have ?

I really appreciate your help

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First of all the act you're describing did not put you at any risk of acquiring HIV If you used a latex condom and it didn't break.

Second of all what you're describing doesnt sound at all like acute HIV symptoms. Not everybody infected with HIV experience acute symptoms and those who do describes the symptoms as servere flu-like symptoms with swollen lymph nodes and a body that feels like they had just been hit by a bus.

• Posted

it does look like oral thrush. she may have had a yeast infection if you performed oral on her. best to keep seeing the doctors (i know its frustrating because it seems like they do the bare minimum) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.