Do I have post thrombotic syndrome or is it another DVT?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a DVT 4 years ago and after recovering from it i have generally been fine, however recently, on a few occasions i have felt unexplained aches in my calf and at the top of my inner thigh, with a similar feeling to how my first DVT felt. when this happened a few months ago i went into the hospital to have it checked, and after the ultra sound and blood tests they said that there was no DVT that they could see, so i went home. after a few weeks the discomfort did subside.

refently the same type of ache has returned and is now existing at the top of my inner thigh. its lasted for about 3 weeks now. my leg hasnt swollen but it is a noticeable ache, im hesitant to go back into the hospital again after they found nothing last time, but does anyone have an explanation for this? can Post Thrombotic Syndrome develop years after a DVT?

thanks in advance for any response

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I didn't know Post Thrombotic Syndrome existed as a formal designation. I apparently have had it for 20-years along with life-long anticoagulation. Oh well, something else to add to the list.

But I don't think you do. Not enough symptoms and there are way to many muscles you can pull in the area. However, if you are still concerned do the ultrasound one more time and if nothing is found this time you can assume it's something else in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.