Do i have symptoms of a kidney stone?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been experiencing pain now for over 7 years now, it all started in my left groin and months after started in my left flank of back and front of stomach to the left and sometimes on the right flank of back.

The pain is of a dull ache and i feel it mostly on the left flank, the pain was intermittent however last 12 months or so it is now chronic, i have had a ultrasound recently and a ct scan 2 years back and all came back clear, blood test showed kidney function fine and urine test was clear last week.

I am at wits end of not knowing what it is however my doctor said it could be a kidney stone, i have never had a kidney stone so do the symptoms sound like a kidney stone? and is it possible have a kidney for so long and not get detected?

Appreciate any help from anyone who as had experienced something similar to me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.