Do you always have obvious jaundice with GS / can you just have other symptoms?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I was diagnosed with GS a couple of years ago after the usual years of going to docs with unexplained symptoms. I'm would say I'm not a bad case of GS - my levels didn't seem to be ridiculously high. The thing I'm keen to know is - can you have low-key GS symptoms even without an obvious accompanying yellowing of skin / eyes at the same time?

I've been on antibiotics this week despite doc not being able to find an infection but she feared from my symptoms that I had a high up UTI / kidney infection so we jumped on it (I wouldn't usually take antibiotics but I've been hospitalised with a bad kidney infection in the past so have the fear!).

Anyway, long story short, I've been incredibly stressed this week and on antibiotics and last night out of nowhere my eyes went yellow - after a phone call with 111 I ended up on A&E as they were worried about liver function due to antibiotics. Happily, nothing at all was wrong with my liver function but it's gotten me thinking...the yellowing was likely due to GS and either a reaction to stress or the meds (or both). But I so rarely see my eyes yellow that it freaked me out. However, I've been itching like crazy these last few months and have other mild symptoms of GS, fatigue, nausea, get weird if I don't eat small regular meals, etc...

Do any of you ever have the other symptoms without jaundice?

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.