do you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? if so i have info for you.

Posted , 2 users are following.

This in reference to alchahol ablation my had it done for her cardiomyopathy..her heart thickness was a 3.75 in thickness normal is .90 to .99 she was diagnosed at sixteen caught from a murmer from a sports physical.I met my wife when she was eighteen weight was 180 at the time.she was 5,6"..she was diagnosed with a very aggressive from of " HISS" and put on Bette blockers which did help regulate her heart beat. There was times however her " SYMPTEMS " would occur.I would witness her heart beat so hard it would not only knock the breath out of her but you could physically see it beating raising the chest cavity each beat.she was warned no exercise or physically activity period.at nineteen she chose to start a family despite the risks.mind you her heart thickness was 2.80 at this time.our son was six months old when doctors decided she needed surgery.alcohol ablation or cum the muscle directly.this is a genetic disease that seems to show up only during and after puberty..her aunt has the same by 25 she chose to cut the muscle.she's had three surgeries to do do in last ten years so my wife decided the ablation.the surgery hurt her so bad from the forced heart attack she didn't want another surgery..the ablation went good. A success in text book terms. So she decided to have another child. Pregnancy went good birth was c section due to doctors orders still no exercise. She now weighed 235 lbs.she chose not to have a difibulator put in.however her "SYMPTOMS" had not happened since the surgery and the last review before her death was an improvement 2.60 or was it? So in all sixteen found murmer,by eighteen heart thickness was twice normal thickness 2.80, twenty after first child heart was 3.0, twenty one had surgery alcohol ablation thickness 3.75,twenty two had second child.she was twenty four when she passed from this aggressive disease..autopsy showed a thickness of 2.5 so it did work. I asked mortician would a defibulator would of helped her from her heart attack and his answer was no. That he had never seen a heart so rock hard it was hard to cut into.he thinks from the initial ablation is why it was so hard lots of scar tissue showing age from damage.all in all I do still support the surgery, however I do suggest the difibulator also.my daughter is nine and we just found a murmer. This scares the hell out of me.keep on your weight I know its hard due to restrictions on exercise..if you havebeen diagnosed screen your kids it is genetic.let me repeat that it is genetic.whether its your kids or grandkids some one will get it..preeteen checks and late teen checks is my recommendation her aunt was diagnosed at twenty two my wife at sixteen now my daughter at nine.seems to be more aggressive as generations go on.thank you sincerely ritmar.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. I wish your daughter

well. Heart knowledge and treatment progresses

every year hopefully in time for your daughter to benefit.

• Posted

Thank you. The best thing I can do is teach my kids diet is key.I just hope that people understand that this is a serious disease that unfortunately is just now being caught up on medically.I do believe this surgery was successfully for my wife,she chose not to have a defibulator put in and continue stressing her body.we miss her dearly I hope this helps people lean towards the right surgery options for them.
    • Posted

Once again thank you, I think its fair to say one never fully gets over the void from loosing a person we truly love, my wife passed seven years ago now to which I am now able to fully talk about her disease.my new wife is a nurse in the cardio field and uses my first wifes ( Dianes)story to advocate for the purpose of hopefully helping people make better life decisions or life changing decision's surgically. That was huge in my healing. I am a christian man and as such truly thank you and much love to you as well.sorry for your loss as well.no matter what they are missed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.