Do you know a good Endocrinologist in London?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been ill for just over two years now. I have severe fatigue, palpitations, blurred vision and bouts of depression, to name but a few symptoms. I have some anxiety too, which I think all the other symptoms cause. The mornings are the worst. When I get up I have a sore/numbness in my kidney area, and don't feel refreshed at all. I had been seeing a doctor who I found through Thyroid UK, who treated me with Adrenavive I as my saliva cortisol was flat lined. My Thyroid also showed a little low in his opinion, though the lab ranges said normal, and he put me on Metavive II for that, plus some DHEA and Bio identical Progesterone. I felt better on this regime for 6 -7 months but then my symptoms started to come back. I saw this doctor again and he thought I had done too much, and after a few weeks of rest would feel better again. I didn't improve. I adjusted my diet, took out all sugar and bad carbs and increased my vegetable intake. When I also told my doctor that after being sick one late evening, the next day I felt do much better, had some of that long lost energy at last, but by the next day was back to square one. He ordered a comprehensive stool test, and I found I had a parasite in my intestines, which I have had treatment for, but still didnt feel better. I Had another cortisol saliva test my level has lifted, but still not in the normal range a year later. My blood glucose is a little high sometimes and showing as pre diabetic. My GP was no help at all and dismissed me. Both my GP and my Doctor have now retired, so am now with a new GP, and after I explained the above, has sent me for a basic blood test, and a chest x-ray, which will put me back to where I started 2 years ago. GP not interested in my private tests. I havent been to work for 4 months now, and don't wont to lose my job, and need to find out what is making feel so bad with some urgency. With Adrenal and Thyroid and possibly Diabetes, I thought a Endocrinologist might be able to help me, could it be a growth on/in my Adrenals? but I want a good one who cares and will work with me and not give up after a clear blood test. Sorry this was longer than I thought, but do you know anyone who is good preferably private so I can see quickly. I Thanks for your time everyone

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Judy, one of the functions of GPs is to be gatekeepers for the rest of the NHS, to avoid consultants waiting lists getting clogged by people with routine conditions. But if you tell your GP that you want to see a consultant privately and your condition is not just silly (which in your case it clearly is not), they will do that and may well recommend. Many (most?) NHS consultants work privately one day or morning a week. I would only be cautious about seeing someone who is exclusively private.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.