Doctor says I have many symptoms-still doesn't think it's MS...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been numb in my back from my neck to hips for about 2 months. Took three rounds of steroids, had an MRI looking for a pinched nerve, did some physical therapy, and went off a medication trying to figure out what is going on.

For at least a year I have trouble at times finding the correct word I need and the word "microwave" pops out. If I can't think of the right word it's "microwave". I hadn't noticed it so much until I've done some googling but my eyes are blurry sometimes. I always thought it was maybe allergies. Since going off the aforementioned medication I've had some dizziness and some foggy headedness and fatigue. I usually never sleep during the day but the last few days I've slept the days away.

Today I had a nerve conduction study and the other one EMG? The muscle test. The neurologist said I have some nerves not functioning properly but it's not "that uncommon". He says I have so many symptoms but he just doesn't think it's MS. My B 12 is low normal, it's at 290. I've started supplements last week. Could lower B 12 that's not even in the low rating cause my numbness and other symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

OMG!  That is so funny!  I had the exact same experience but it was back in 2000 and the word was "air-conditioner"!  I was standinng to share amongst a group of Al Anon friends when it happened...I even remember asking the group, "Did I just say "air-conditioner?".  They all nodded at me, but I couldn't remember what I had wanted to say instead.  Odd, huh?  All of the things you mention in this post are familiar to me from the year I finally received my diagnosis in 1999. Getting MRI's, undergoing a clinical trial for tysabri for a year and eventually after many falls, using a walker.  And later other doctors questioned whether they had done enough tests!  Well, what else would explain all these deficits?

• Posted

From what I've read MS can be hard to diagnose. I unsderstand that, no ones MS is the same and everyone is different. But to say I have some

Nerves functioning wrong and have so many symptoms but he doesn't think I have MS, I don't know what to think. I don't want to have MS obvs but something is wrong with me and I want to know what.

• Posted

Hello there. I hope you keep pursuing your health issues. Find a Doctor who will advocate for you. It took me three tries before I found one who would help me find answers. Many days spent doubting myself and trying to ignore new or worsening symptoms. I have been feeling unwell for three years. I was diagnosed with Spinal MS on Wednesday . Not what anyone wants to hear. I am trying to process this. I wish you well . Take care
    • Posted

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I hope you're doing ok. Thanks for the advice. As long as I feel bad and off, I will pursue it. I hate being down. I want to feel good and happy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.