Doctor stopped my repeat tramadol?!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I have joined this forum mainly to get advice or reassurance from what has happened today.

I have been on tramadol for about 4years, 200mg taken each day due to neck problems and ovarian cyst. Last Monday I had an accident at work and got mild concussion (which my doctor knew about) but now i am fine. I went to order my repeat tramadol as I have only 2 left and all my repeat prescriptions have gone (including prescribed anti acids) I rang them up and the pharmacy said to ring them later today.

However my concern really being is that he has taken all of my repeat prescriptions OFF without even telling me and I am now suffering severe withdrawals from tramadol and can hardly move because my neck has seized up. I've read so many times that you should not go cold turkey on tramadol yet he has just suddenly thrown my quality of life out the window! Please any advice on what the best thing I could do as I am really at a loss and the only reason I take tramadol is because it helps me deal with the pain so I can get on with my life.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can you not ring the surgery and ask to speak to the Dr urgently to ask for an explanation. It was cutting it fine to get down to 2 capsules before arranging a further prescription!
    • Posted

I had a head injury and was signed off work till today so was not able to order any other prescriptions. Anyway it's sorted now and it was a huge fault in the system

• Posted

Hi Charmore, Since my unsuccessful TKR in Stockholm in 2013. I have been on painkillers first Oxycontin aka "Hillbilly Heroin" and later Tramadol, which works for me. But, never more than 50 mg ( one capsule ) per day. Now, I am taking 25 mg ( half capsule ) per day with strong coffee, no sugar, in the morning. My advice is try to reduce the dose. Good luck, Bangkok-Johnny

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.