doctor told me that there is nothing worry about microadenoma

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Everyone. this is my first time I am writting here. I am so frustrated abot my 5 mm pituitary tumor. MY symptoms are 1-Severe Headache 2-vision loss 3-after urination severe sensation

4-body ache 5-abdominal pain 6-bulky overies & heavy periods 7- can not sleeping at night 8-mood swing

9-shortness of breath 10-heart palpilation 11- decresed sex drive

I told my neurosurgeon all this symptoms and he said nothing to be worried about the tumor. that cnt make this symptoms. and told me to give up on my tumor. also he did not give me any medication. he told me to forgot that i hv a pituitary tumor. In india I dont know whom I am going to tell. I dont know if itsnot tumor related that what is this symptoms are saying. I want to live anormal life.but none doctor took me serious. I want to live a long and normal life. But I think Iam getting delayed by day by day and one day I will die without any treatment.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

I hope you are doing okay. I had a 4mm microadenoma on my pituitary and had same symptoms, plus couldn't get pregnant for 8 years. My neurosurgeon did my surgery and removed it since medications weren't shrinking it and I wanted children badly. Having it removed was the best decision. Symptoms stopped and within a year I was pregnant for the first time. I was able to have three children (1998, 1999, and 2005).

• Posted

hope I will find a good doctor like you who will not going to ignore my problems

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this! I also have a 5 mm microadenoma, discovered 1 year ago, but I am supposed to have it for 3-4 years. I had these symptoms, but they diminished with the medication. Now I only have severe headaches sometimes. I also met doctors who told me that my symptoms were not related to either the tumor or the drugs, although they were clearly written in the leaflet for side effects, but I kept looking untill I found someone. It is not normal not to be given anything. You have to look for another doctor who will listen to you and help you. You can live a normal life, but at the same time, it can grow up or you can become infertile or you may have other endocrinological problems. I don't want to scare you, but this is also a disease and must be treated, even if it does not bring a tragic end. Keep looking for endocrinologists,ask your family or friends to help you and I hope you will find someone who will be by your side.

• Posted

I really dont know who willgoing to hear me.I dont know in My place who will going to understand me. I am feeling helpless whenever i got my headache...

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

I actually go back to my neurosurgeon at the end of the month. I had been on medication, cabergoline, which decreased the size dramatically but had then since plateaued. So then I had surgery on 2017 to have my pitituary tumor removed, they were able to remove most of it but part was left because it was stuck to the actual pituitary stalk and they didn't want to risk it as it could cause many hormonal issues and complications.Thus, I've been back on the Cabergoline but nothing much has changed. I am curious to see my bloodwork levels on my prolactin and then my MRI to see the size of the tumor left. I am hopeful that it decreased in size but I don't know for sure.

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

Hi Dear,

I know its a very tough time, I also have some confusion and lots of trouble . so be positive.you will be okay just believe in your self. Everything will be okay. Always think bromocryptine gives you the best treatment so you have to take it.

Love Ayan

• Posted

Hello. You have to stop thinking that way. microadenomas do not cause symptoms in this way. As I understand from your writings, you are in fear. No need to fear. It is enough to consult with an endocrinologist, start medication and follow up the microadenoma. You will not lose your life due to microadenoma. do not worry. But all the symptoms you experience are the anxiety symptoms that arise because you think you will die from the microadenoma. If you can't get over these symptoms, it will be very beneficial for you to see a psychiatrist and you will return to your old life. calm down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.