Doctor withdrawn medication without consent

Posted , 1 user is following.

just briefly iv been on pregablin 600mg for ten years ,in that time i have not had no communication or support from my gp ,the problem starts here i was 8 months pregnant and stable with everything going well then to suddenly find out my gp off his own back decided to withdraw me not a word said to me he just did it ,

ofcourse when this happened i was straight on the phone to my midwife who contacted the gp after a week it got put back .

it is a bit of a long story but im trying to give basic facts .

the long and short of it my little girl was born perfect . then 6 weeks later again without my consent has decided to do it again this is a running battle with my gp who i have found out i have not met or spoken to this gp because he is a new one .i have emotionally all over the place with this not knowing who to turn to and just withdrawning in to myself i am now down to 300mg im feeling scared stressed and my anxiety is threw the roof my partner has now stepped in and has got in contact with nhs england and has put a complaint in ,my question in this forum is simply what do you think of how i have been treated ???

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.