Doctors appointment

Posted , 9 users are following.

got mt 6 week appointment 24th december, tomorrow see nurse about stiches., wow 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm at 6 1/2 weeks and phoned up conultants secretary who told me he hadn't scheduled it yet! I need to let my employers know when I'm lightly to get back to work & drive again. Sounds like your doing well, good luck with the stiches.

Alan

• Posted

Lucky you,I have to wait until January which will be just over 8 weeks. I think it must be beach use of Christmas. Tony 
    • Posted

I thought they used disolvable stitches now rather than thread or wthatever it is? Or is it staples?
    • Posted

Hi Sara, 

I had staples both times .... 

it was okay .... 

how are you getting on?

big hug

renee

• Posted

Im still waiting for my op so just trying to gain knowledge. I really did think they used disolvable stitches. Did it hurt getting the staples removed?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, some use dissolvable stitches, I had clamps. The worst part of removing them was taking the plaster off!
    • Posted

Iv never heard of clamps, what are they? And i didnt realise you got a plaster for thr. Thought if was just like a plaster dressing over top of wound? Wow i need more research haha
  • Posted

I am seeing my consultant on 21 Dec which will be 61/2 weeks but I am hoping to go back to work on a phased return before if I can. Had my staples removed 12 days after my op the last 2 were painful as I was badly bruised and leaked for

almost a week, in hindsight think they should have waited a bit longer to take them out

• Posted

Tomorrow see nurse for change of drssing, my stiches are disovable so just need to check it, its itching like mad i can tell you. Just cannot wait to be able to stand under the shower
    • Posted

Ahh i see. Do you go to the doctors or hospital for this? Have you been able to go in the shower at all?
    • Posted

I go to my doctors surgery to see the nurse, and no not had a shower for 2 weeks 😓😒 as shower over bath and not had waterproof dressing.
    • Posted

Oh dear. How hqve you been washi g? I cant cope with that thought of not beimg able to shower
    • Posted

They should at least be able to provide waterproof dressings - that's what I had.

Graham

• Posted

I will ask the nurse tomorrow, if she tells me th,ey are my face is going to be so 😡
    • Posted

They gave me a chair so its been strip washing and washing my hair over the sink, been ok, but just long to stand under the water.
    • Posted

I seriously dont think i could do that. I have atleast 1 or2 showers a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.