Does anyone else feel like they need to have a bowel movement all the time?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 32 y/o female who was diagnosed with CES in July of 2017. I have full saddle anesthesia as well as numbness down both legs and bottoms of my feet. I have to do manuel evacuation of my bowels which i had gotten on a pretty good schedule of doing. In the last month or so i am now only having one bowel movement a week yet i am constantly feeling that full/ pressure feeling like i need to go. I am wondering if anyone else has this feeling too?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda I was diagnosed with CES in August 2014 and also have full saddle anesthesia and numbness down both legs and feet. In the beginning i was doing manual evacuation but had to stop as I devolved a deep tear that wouldnt stop bleeding. I now use the IryPump very morning. It definitely had helped with the feeling of fullness but still get that pressure of needing to empty again in the evenings.

• Posted

Hi, I do not an official dxn of CES but got injury of my spinal nerves from an epidural that went terribly wrong (idiot doctors) but I’m not going into details about that.  I just want to share with you what helped my urine retention & bowel issues.  I had to self cath for almost 9 months with the goals of retraining my bladder and not getting it super stretched so that it looses it function from weak muscle.  Unfortunately, no one took my bowel problems seriously and for 5 years, I used laxatives to have a BM.  Of course that was very painful with cramps.  I wanted another child so I searched on the web what I could do natually. The doctors I talked to had no clue b/c the traditional things did not work.  I found a site like this where a guy said he took a full glass of prune juice and a dose of Miralax to have a BM.  I tried it and it was a GREAT!  Within 3-4 hrs I have a BM.  I do this every 2-3 days b/c if not, I feel “full” & “tight”.  If I do it everyday, I don’t have super good control of my bowels so I feel I run to the bathroom too much.  It’s still horrible to not poo like normAl people but it could be a lot worse.

My question now is has anyone had surgery for interstim or sacral neuromodulation to help with bowels?  If so, can you give me some advice.    Thanks!!

• Posted

Hi Amanda, 

My wife had CES surgery in Dec 2017 and have the same symptoms as you are facing. Doctors said it's because of saddle numbness. Still having a hard time due to this never ending feeling. Also, this feeling gets worse when she takes laxatives like Miralax. Currently she is using just Psyllium husk and it's been better 10-20% as per her. Hope you get better soon as the nerve regeneration takes upto 2 years.  

• Posted

Hi Amanda I've had ces for 16 years now and yes plenty of times I've had the feeling of "something " there ? Sometimes there is another bowel movement due so o always check. If I eat dark chocolate or licorice it can get worse so I avoid those foods although I love them wink it's something we have to live with I'm afraid?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.