Does anyone else get....

Posted , 3 users are following.

A bit of a lump/ bump on and off in the soft bit between your lower ribs? I think the area is called solar plexus and I seem to get a kind of lump about the size of a golf ball. I can actually feel it with my fingers and it's soft and moves. It almost feels like a bubble of gas or something and as soon as i push on it gently it disappears. I was wondering if it was just pockets of gas getting trapped although I don't know why it would always be that area. My only other thought was a hernia-I wasn't sure if it would be the right area for a hiatal hernia (which I haven't been checked for yet) or even if you would be able to feel it with your fingers. It's certainly not there all the time and I'll mention it to the doctor in my appointment in just over a week but I would be interested to know if anyone else gets this. Xx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi.. i was diagnosed thru endoscopy with a hiatal hernia. i also feel that lump just below the sternum. pushing on it makes a bubbly sound and gives a good relief as the hernia is being pushed down from the diapraghm. hope u get an endoscopy to confirm and lessen your worries.
    • Posted

Hi, that's exactly like me! If I push I can hear and feel gurgling. Funnily enough since I've been conscious of it I've been gently massaging downwards in that area and since I've been doing that my reflux has been better than it has been in a long time. Maybe continually pushing it down is helping to get things back where they should be and ease the reflux. I'll see what the doctors says when I see them next.

• Posted

yes, exactly the same. its a sliding type hiatal hernia that keeps slipping up thru the diapraghm when we lie down or bend over or lift something heavy cause i always experience them. hope you can confirm that thru upper endoscopy. just relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.