Does anyone have experience of tardive dyskensia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my husband has suffered from tardive dyskensia for almost 3 years, a side effect of the drug Haldol. Most disabling for him are the facial movements especially the tongue and also constant contracting of throat muscles causing constant throat clearing. as a result he has withdrawn socially. He has seen consultant and Neurologist and after trying all possible medications he has been told nothing can be done. Is there anyone out there who has suffered from this? Has anyone found a magic solution?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

If you put tardive dyskensia in the search box for community on this web site you may get more information. I know its a rough side effect but not completely uncommon. I guess you have also tried physical therapy as well as medications?

• Posted

I think your husband should either try an alternative or lower the dosage but take it more often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.