Does anyone have horrible symptoms following a full hysterectomy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a full hysterectomy done a year ago. I had everything removed. Since then, my body feels horrible. I now have excruciating pain in my back, hips and my legs are always heavy feeling and cramp. I cannot walk well due to all the pain now in my hips and back. I have severe insomnia and am always exhausted. I was wondering if anyone has had any similar feelings from having a complete hysterectomy? I want my life back, and don't know what to do. I hate living like this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Pamela. I had a full hysterectomy in July last year. I was given no advice about exercise and consequently this delayed my recovery as I overdue. you have to remember that it is major surgery and all your remaining structures and organs have to settle into new positions. Try short walks or walking in water now that gyms and swimming.pools have reopened.

I get restless legs and tire but I now am focusing on getting fit and losing the excess weight that I gained. Try to be patient and speak to your GP if you ate really struggling. They may be able to help.

• Posted

Hi Pamela, I too had a hysterectomy a year ago and my lower back and my ovaries area hurt a lot( as I'm typing, I have a hot water bottle on my back to ease the pain)... I am planning on seeing my gynae soon to get answers. it's horrible!!! I even have upper left chest pain, again... I don't know if it's hysterectomy related. if you get any answers or suggestions, kindly share. Thank you.

• Posted

I am 6 months post surgery and I have headaches, pins and needles, and lots of joint pain. I have been tested for everything under the sun and everything looks great. My last test is for MS next week but doctor thinks it is all due to the crash in hormones. Are you feeling any better?

• Posted

Since my hysterectomy I have felt awful! My joints hurt, back aches, I can't sleep and my legs ache. Anxiety is through the roof with all the symptoms I'm having .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.