does anyone have joint popping/cracking with fibro

Posted , 9 users are following.

lately i have noticed my joints have been popping every time i move, this is in my fingers, wrists, arms , knees, ankles, feet, hips, jaw etc. i just wanted to know if anyone else with fibro experiences this its not painful just very annoying !

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi,i get this in my knees quite a lot and my wrists.i think it is just another part of the lovely fm! i think its only my face now that doesn't suffer!some days feel like an old lady! lol
  • Posted

I suspect you probably have Elhers Danlos Syndrome used to be called hypermobility. There are a lot of cross over symptoms.
  • Posted

thank you guys for the replies smile
  • Posted

I have noticed it in my hips especially.
  • Posted

Hi erika13

I have similar thing with my joints popping and 'readjusting' all the time (esp back and wrists) - at the moment I can hardly use my hands because at the back of each wrist (the part on the side of the little finger) where there is a 'disk' apparently, the wrist keeps moving out of place a little and I keep popping it back, so now after days of doing that it's quite loose and hurts a lot. Just wondering does anyone else have this? I was diagnosed with Fibro a few months ago but most of the pain before was back and legs.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Sophia

• Posted

Oh god I have this too especially when I write I try to do anything repetitive like was my hair or put makeup on which I often get my partner to do for me
  • Posted

thanks for responding smile i have the exact same problems ! its very frustrating, it feels like every time i move something is cracking or popping out of place, mine started just after the pain as well, it is especially bad as soon as i wake up

i was wondering do you experience muscle twitching as well as this, i was told it was common but im still not sure..

• Posted

Yes I have it in my knees real bad you can hear it  when I go up and down the stairs at work n my knees and legs are real weak also.
  • Posted

Hi erika

I too suffer the same as you.

How are your symptoms now?

Andrew

• Edited

Yes yes yes what the hell is it!!?? Its driving me insane:'( my jaw cracks when I chew and sometimes it locks my neck and right shoulder cracks and ny arms often feel like theyv come out of their sockets I feel like a broken doll! My hips and pelvis kill and my knees and ankles crack x
  • Posted

I suffer the same finger's wrists elbows back shoulders legs knees ankles toes and even my neck it is very annoying I keep making my boyfriend jump each time something clicks yes he can hear each bit of me that clicks and sometimes they all click at the same time I get very annoyed with it and he gets very concerned and worried about me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.