Does anyone suffer with S A D

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi every one does any body have S A D . I am so down now we have the darker days. Get this every year but it's worse than ever. Have other physical complaints so really low at the moment .April

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi i do suffer with sad fairly badly as in with summer I'm out Side until the sun goes down and this year the nights did seem to close in really quickly. Something that I find that helps a bit is to change the light bulbs in the rooms you spend most of your time in to daylight bulbs they are a bit strange at first because they are a cooler shade of light. My rather large cheese plant also seems to like them. I hope you find this useful

Wayne

• Posted

Hi April.

I started to suffer with this when i first retired. When i was working I did not notice the changing seasons that much because i was very busy at my job. To relieve my sense of utter meaningless I resorted to listening to all the music I enjoyed but did not have the time to listen to when I was working. With my earphones on I could listen to all the great composers and all the best in modern music. I loved it, and it helped me enormously.

So now, when i feel at bit low, I listen to MY Music. Try it. It may help

Cheers

G

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply . I love music especially classical pieces find it is very calming kind regards April

• Posted

Get a SAD lamp and have it on at home whenever you can. I find it helps tremendously.

• Posted

Hi April,

I also experience this. I've found that the thing that works for me is to use a sun bed for about 3-6 minutes once a week during the winter months (I went in one of those stand up pods - not sure if the stand up or lying down ones would make a difference here). A sun bed is not something I thought I'd ever use, but a family member recommended it to me as she has the same issue. I've found it helps a lot over winter and would highly recommend it to you.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your message

What a good idea kind regards April x

• Posted

I use a lamp for it, which has a bright, blue light - it's one of those you can have on whilst watching telly or using the computer, even, with the lamp by your side just within range of vision. Also, I discovered I had quite a low Vitamin D level and have corrected that by taking a supplement. This winter does not seem nearly so bad! But I know it's easy to go downhill once the SAD takes over. So I've also been keeping a nightly habit of writing a gratitude list. Going to bed feeling positive about things in my day makes a difference to how I feel in the mornings. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Many thanks for your kind words it's such a horrible feeling I get it every year but this time it's worse than ever . Have other health issues to cope with so winter is always a difficult time. Take care April x

• Posted

Yes, many people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It's a type of depression that typically occurs during the fall and winter months. If you believe you have SAD, consider consulting a healthcare provider for proper evaluation and treatment options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.