Does endometrisos cause infertility

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have endometrisos does this mean  I cannot have kids? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. No not necessarily though it can do. I had severe endo but have had 2 children so it's not impossible. If tubes are blocked they can operate to clear as much as they can to help chances and I know ivf can be option too. Endo symptoms get much better during pregnancy too which is a bonus. Ask your dr for more info and referral if you having problems conceiving as sooner you in system the better. Good luck
  • Posted

No it doesnt

I have a freind who has to children.

​My daughter has this condition and has been assured that she can go on to havce chilldren.

• Posted

Hi, I have Endo and it has hindered me from having birth children and so I went on to adopt and I have a beautiful son now smile I do have two friends who also have endo. One friend went on to have two children naturally and the other got pregnant through IVF. Whichever category you fall into, there is always an option to get your family. Wishing you luck smile
  • Posted

Endometriosis means you have womb lining material found outside of the womb. As it developes it will respond to your monthly cycle and bleed but there is no where for the blood to go. It can develop into scar like tissue. Depending where it it: bladder, pouch of douglas, bowell, fallopian tube, ovaries, it may or may not effect fertility.

​As diagnosis is a long drawn out process it is frequently diagnosed when couples present at GP with fertility issues, but this doesn't reveal all the women with undiagnosed endometriosis who have become pregnant. I have a child and became pregnant naturally with level 3 endo. It presents for me on the womb, pouch of douglas and bowell. Laterly an ovary is involved but as I am 50 fertility is not an issue.

The laparosopy is used to see which organs are involved and this will indicate if there are potential fertility problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.