Does it look like herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

First of all, thank you all for clarifying the doubts of so many people on this forum.   

Day 1: I received unprotected oral sex (1-2 minutes) from a woman and french kissed her on 27th of Jan. 

Day 5: I received unprotected oral sex (1-2 minutes) with the same woman again on 31st of the same month. On 31st I also performed  cunnilingus on her for 1-2 minutes, french kissed. Same night I performed vaginal sex wearing a condom. I ejaculated outside vagina and inside condom. I am certain that condom did not break (I verified afterwards) and remained in position all the time. The condoms were polyurethane and had used Astroglide liquid lubricant. I had no bleeding/ cuts in my mouth or penis.(except may be a slight burn in tongue because I drank a bit hot tea 3-4 hrs earlier in the day). An hour after sex, i cleaned penis with homepathic hypericum mother tincture (with significant alcohol content) and washed with a face wash lotion (neutrogena) . 

Day 6 or 7: On probably the night of 1st or 2nd, I may have felt a slight fever (not very noticeable, didn't check temp, slight fever sensation before sleeping- so took generic cold and flu tablet I always take and slept off. Woke up feeling nothing next morning). On 2nd, i noticed a small pimple/lesion on the shaft of penis just under the head of penis on right side. I applied Calendula ointment and there was no much pain or itching - just a little tingling sensation. I mostly forgot about it unless i drew back foreskin and touched/pressed it. For next couple of days, the blister increased a bit in size, the pain was slightly more (felt only when pressed, no itching) , there was very slight   blood on the sides when I pressed with tissue. I also applied Cortizone 1% cream. There was no increase in pain or itchiness in the blister. 

Day 11:Then on 6th, I got worried (not much due to pain or itchiness but mostly as the woman told me to get tested and also things I read on internet)  and went to a doctor in urgent care. He took a swab sample , urine (for Herpes, Chlymidia,Gonorrhea) but didn't diagnose anything on spot. 

I went to another doctor and he looked and told it may be herpes. He didn't take swab but submitted for blood and urine tests (HSv antibody type specific,HIV antibody,Syphilis,Chlamydia, hepatitis and related). He also gave me 

Acyclovir 400mg 3 times a day for 7 days. 

I got concerned and started taking supplements Lysine, Olive leaf extract, Cod liver oil and Oregano oil along with Acyclovir, also applied a cream (which again had Lysine and other herbs). Within 1-2 days, the blister started subsiding. It did not break open,just contracted and became not very noticeable (just as a slightly dark mark). No scabbing/ crusting/peeling off. 

On 10th, the first lab where I had submitted swab and urine called me up and told the culture did not develop and I didn't have Herpes. They even told me to stop Acyclovir. But I just continued taking it to finish 7 day course. 

On 11th, I called up the 2nd doctor and they told that all the tests are back negative. I visited that doctor and he told to come back and check after 6 months. After this, I got concerned and stopped eating all grains and food with Arginine and started taking Lysine and other supplements in large doses. I also completely cut down on all forms of sugar. 

Though I had slight tiredness when taking Acyclovir it had subsided but after 15th, I started feeling tired in legs and arms again.

The tiredness continued through the week sometimes bit more (like after meal) and sometimes not noticeable. 

Day 26: the tiredness still continues. It's not like I am bed ridden. I just feel a bit tired in arms and a even little in legs. Sometimes I don't feel like it. The other thing from past 5-6 days, I feel slight tingling sensation in penis near the area where the blister had occurred (and sometimes in surroundings). I have checked and have no blisters. Just tingling and slight or no itching. I stopped taking Lysine,Olive leaf extract, Oregano. Started eating normal food. 

Day 28: I have been checking the penis regularly. I am still applying the Herpex cream (lysine and herbs) and now even tingling is not there usually though there is a slight feeling if I rub/wash. Tiredness has decreased significantly - almost feeling normal. 

Day 32: I got tested for HIV RNA test and all other STD panel again including HSV type specific antibody. Everything negative - HSV1,HSV2 too.

Day 36: After not getting proper sleep and eating some ice cream and nuts, I started feeling a slight swelling in the area where initial blister occured. immediately applied Herpex gel and took Lysine, Olive leaf, Oregano. No swelling noticed after a few hours but there was slight itching. Slight tiredness.

Day 40: Slight itching in the right side of shaft still continued but also, there was some kind of soreness in the tip of penis (opening). Couldn't identify any blister, but it had turned slightly red and a slight trace of blood when pressed. Again applied some cream but still that pain is continuing after 2-3 days. The tiredness in very minimal now, no fever or anything.

(Apart from all these, in the days after that exposure, I have had a few red rashes on my chest which weren't itchy and lasted for 3-4 days, usually seemed visible after hot bath - but the woman had kissed me on chest. I had very tiny white dots in the corner of lips- no itch/pain that lasted for 3-4 days. And now, I have dry lips)

Sorry for the lengthy description but thought that details will be helpful.

1. Do you think this may be Herpes ?  

2. Is it possible I had the first outbreak and then had another one in one month when I didn't get proper sleep/ ate sugar,nuts?

3. Or this kind of symptoms be something else like fungs, bacteria etc.?

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

OMG.... I think you definitely have OCD and/or anxiety and you really need to relax. At this point, your symptoms could be completely psychological, because you are freaking yourself out.

Swab rests have about a 50/50 chance of coming back w false negatives. There has to be a certain window that a blister is swabbed and enough virus has to be on it.

Blood tests cone back negative, when first contracting herpea. Mine did, but I took another one and by month 3, it had finally developed antibodies and it came back positive.

I've never heard any other infections, other than herpes, display the symptoms you are describing. Sounds like she may have passed hsv 1 through oral sex to you. I'm not sure when you had this sexual encounter, but I would go back for testing by month 3. That is the only way uoi will know for sure.

• Posted

I would suggest to continue the supplements until 3 to 6 months to be on the safe side. The tingling and itching is your bodies immune system fighting infection. When an ob occoccurs, increase the dosage and refraim from l arginine foods.
    • Posted

Sometimes it helps to read all through the thread, to better understand what is going on.
    • Posted

oh! Excuse me for not thinking you were crazy! You asked if your symptoms sound like Herpeas and i suggested that since you were taking safe measure, to continue to do so until you know for sure. I apologize if i affended you by offering that information dear. Hope that helps.
  • Posted

What's the update did you ever find out what it was if you had anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.