Does Klinefelters predispose me to autoimmune conditions, cancer, and cognitive decline?

Posted , 1 user is following.

A little about me first.

I was diagnosed with Klinefelters in 1979 during a routine physical for athletics. I was disowned by my extended family after the diagnosis and by my entire family once I became a Christian.

I had no resources, except what I could find in the library. It was not until 1999 that I found there was a therapy and was put on TRT.

I always struggled in school including college. I am generally very weak and my height has shrunk from 190 cm to 188 cm in the last 20 years. There is very little support out here in the United States. Many physicians either see KS patients as a threat or as mentally ill.

My question is whether my many conditions are coincidental or part of Klinefelters. I have:

autoimmune disorder Polycythemia Vera (diagnosed in 2002),

Metabolic syndrome,

ongoing arthritis,

poor short term memory (but I will remember the details next year).

I also have recurring skin cancers in areas not exposed to the sun along with a host of typical symptoms.

I find the pain debilitating although Klinefelters is not viewed as a disability.

If these are potentially part of Klinefelters, how do you all deal with it?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.