Does Lichen Planus look like this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Biopsy said lichen planus or lichen sclerosus. I have it around my meatus, the worst possible lovat down there.

Does anyone have it look like this on vulva or penis?

So far, clobetasol has failed (12 weeks) and Elidel failed after 2 weeks. The only relief is to numb my penis with lidocaine. If that is the long term prognosis, I might as well have the thing removed. And get a drug to kill my libido.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey man sorry to hear u have this i have it down there is well but i believe it id just normal lichen planus because it isnt as severe as yours

my dermatoligist has me treating my skin with clobetasol proportionate .05%

and my genitals with triamcinalone .01% ( my doctor advised me not to use clobetasol on the genital area because its so strong maybe i have a different kind but might want to look into that further) these seem to be effective for the active out break but idk if it will return when im done wirh the treatment

dont give up its definetly not a fun thing to go through i myself have had the worst anxiety and depression about it but im lucky to have a supportive gf and not extreme symptoms

ive read as much as i could about this disease do ur research theres so many people out there with different methods for taking care of this, although its rather hard to find males with it on the skin and on genital area

unfortuanetly i believe i have it on my skin genitals and mouth but it is slowly going away with the ointment given to me

i also use a honey/tumeric mixture for my mouth because tumeric is a really good natural medicine for things such as this maybe look around and see if there is a safe paste u can make and use that on the area instead

sorry i cant be of more help im also looking for more answers i saw that there was no comments and thought it might give u comfort knowing ur not alone with this stay stong brotha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.