Does pregabalin cause chronic fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed pregabalin at the beginning of November 2019 for restless legs.

I take 100mg every evening, and it has stopped the RLS. However, since January I have been suffering again with chronic fatigue.

I have a diagnosed history of chronic fatigue going back to the 1990s when I was in my 30s, so know what CFS feels like.

My GP has done all of my bloods - diabetes, liver, kidney, thyroid, iron, Vit D, full blood. All of which have come back normal and the GP is at a loss to what is causing my CFS which is making me physically weak.

Does anyone on this forum know if pregabalin is linked with CFS please?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Bagda, I have taken 450mg Pregabalin for general anxiety disorder. Specifically a bewildering illness called depersonalization. I mention that because it is chronic in that I've had little relief in 40 years. However I could sleep all day and it is an effort to self-motivate to try and achieve anything.

I don't know the symptoms of chronic fatigue but with this drug i am on my way to becoming a sloth.

Believe me this was very welcome after a lifetime of this terrifying disorder. I feel better all round and believe I should start to rejoin life again. It is my idea to start reducing the drug to achieve some balance. I don't know if this should be any help to you but I will say the amount of sleep I need is becoming a problem. Good luck with your troubles, Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.