Does this look like Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had this for a many a week. Thought it was ringworm. location upper left thigh. topical cream doesnt seem to be doing anything. No itching or really pain. so I started to do more research. Google is driving me crazy. today I just dont feel great. *** I had Covid back in march so I have also be experiencing nerve sensations in my legs. Thought I had shingles for a bit but no big rashes. Not sure if it is from Covid or maybe Herpes. Im so confused.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

yes it does look like PR , just like mine was on upper thigh/hip area.. at first I thought it looked like a burn but I couldnt imagine how.. then I started googling and thought it was ringworm then started freaking out, went to the doc and he said it was PR after looking for only 1 second. I only had the one for like 3 weeks then got a few more here n there, maybe like 5 more all together and in about 2 months they were gone, I didnt take anything for it.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping that since I have Covid this could be a result and not something worse.

• Edited

It looks like the ones my son had on his legs, but he had many of them. Do you have just one? What does the nerve pain feel like?

• Posted

I have just one. No itching or pain on the area itself. The nerve pain was all down my leg. That comes and goes. I put Mario Badescu Drying lotion on it which includes calamine and zinc oxide in it. That seems to be drying it out.

• Edited

do you have more than one spot? or do you have a herald patch anywhere? it does look like it could be PR. I was covered with mine, and very itchy on about week 3

• Posted

Just one spot as of now. This is the only area so far.

• Posted

i am also on week 3 approx and it is really itchy and feels like my skin in burning.

i have noticed that Epsom Salt in my bath eases this but then returns once dry and all settled.

i suffer with Psorisis but the pain and discomfort this causes is much worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.