Does this sound like Endometriosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had terrible periods since i remember. Heavy Flow, irregular (sometimes only 2 weeks apart), and debilitating cramps (sometimes causing me to throw up.) 

Just a few years ago I started developing a weird kind of pain. At first I thought it was from my belt pressing against my lower abdomen, but it started getting worse and worse every time i felt the pain. The pain comes and goes, but the best way i can describe it... Its almost like there is a rock in my uterus, or a balloon with too much air, almost like someone is squeezing it. And it doesnt happen just on my period, it happens at the most random times (mostly during ovulation).

When it happens, the pain is worse when i stand up, sitting down takes away the pain a bit, but its still there. It also hurts worse when my bladder is full. 

I had an ultrasound and they didn't find cysts (or anything out of order for that matter.) Does this sound like Endometriosis to any of you?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are kind of describing what i am feeling now, i am near ovulation and feel exactly like that but i also have a sharp stabbing pain on my right ovary which is hell.

It could be endo you would need a small op for them to diagnose this, has you GP said that it might be endo?

As for the heavy flow mefenamic and tranexamic acid tablets help me (make sure you can get them from your pharmacy though as some do not stock them - i learnt that the hard way and was in agony and the pharmacist said take ibuprofen i went mad at him - typical man has no idea of the pain and suffering some of us have to endure with a period.)

I also find anadin period pain tablets are quite good, i take them every 4-6 hours religiously and that helps.

Take Care and hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Kendy,

The only way you will know is by having an endoscopy but I think you may already have known that with Dr Google 😊

I found out I had endo when I went off the pill to try and have a baby. I always had spotting before I got my period, as in 7 days prior to my actual period but I thought that was normal. I also got sharp needle pains in my ovaries with my period. I also had extreme pain in my pelvic area when I used to pass stools with my period.

I got an ultrasounds and I had a small cyst on my left ovary but they were not concerned.

My gyno suggested I keep trying for a baby for a further 12 months, well.... that didnt happen!. The longer I was off the pill, the worse my period became. I had a 38 - 40 day cycle but spotting for 17 days of it, heavy bleeding, cramping for 25 days of my cycle, constant urination and pain in my left kidney area.

They scheduled me in for a endoscopy. I found out I was riddled with endo. So much so that my ovary was stuck to my lining and endo growing on my rectum. Apparently I have had it for a very long time.

The rest of that story (surgery and after procedure) is for another time.

Are you seeing a gyno and what have they said?

• Posted

I can relate to some of your syptoms. I know that when the pain is bad, if im up doing stuff all day it gets really bad and sitting down does sometimes help a little

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.